Monday, January 11, 2010

a new semester; a new book!

So, last semester Seth and I went to work a retreat in Northwest Arkansas and I picked up a book then titled Forgotten God by Francis Chan. After we got back I sat it on my desk with full intentions of beginning to read it, before I knew it Christmas Break was here and it was still laying in the same stack on my desk. Well, the Spring 2010 semester has started, just got back from my first class, News Writing, it's gonna be awesome. Seth and I are taking it together and we have a great professor. It will be read, a chapter a day for 2 weeks and i'll be done! I started it today, and already God has revealed a lot to me. In the first chapter of the book Chan talks about a day when he had things to do and people to visit with when he had a knock on his door. It was a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses who were in the neighborhood. He was preparing to send them on their way when they began their "spill" be began to listen to them, allowed them to finish. Long story short he challenged their believes with one verse and challenged them to "read the bible for themselves" instead of taking what they have been taught by others for the truth without checking up on what they have been taught. After all, the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians because they received Paul's messages with great eagerness and examined the scriptures to see if what he was preaching was the truth. Well, time for Intro to Mass Communications! I have more I want to share so check back soon

No comments:

Post a Comment